December 11, 2019;
Doctoral Position in Computer and Information Science
(fulltime, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2019/281. The position is available for two years first and can
be prolonged after this initial phase. The start date is January 15, 2020 or by agreement. In
principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and
Excellence Strategy since 2007.
The Department of Computer and Information Science is closely connected to the SFB/Transregio
161 "Quantitative Methods for Visual Computing". Within this framework we are looking to fill the
following position in its project “Quantitative Methods for Visual Abstraction”.
- Research in the field of Computer Graphics, especially in non-photorealistic rendering
- Writing research papers and other publications
- Supervising students in their projects
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required in English and German language
- You possess a scientific graduate degree (Master’s level) in Computer Science or a related
field with excellent grades
- Experience with computer graphics
- Strong Motivation
- Very good communication skills and the ability for teamwork
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Good development opportunities, extensive training and an attractive remuneration package
- Full funding for international and German students
- A structured doctoral qualification program
- A professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research
Questions can be directed to Prof. Dr. Oliver Deussen, email@example.com. Please
send your application including your cover letter, CV and official transcripts of education
certificates as one PDF file
at the latest on 15 January 2020 via our
Online Application Portal
. Information on the research group:
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal
opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and
teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme
(https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities
are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified
(contact + 49 7531 88–4016).