5th Summer School on Video Compression and Processing (SVCP) 2019 of the
ITG/VDE will be held from
17-19 June 2019 at the
University of Konstanz organized by Prof. Dietmar Saupe and his team and supported
The purpose of the summer school is to provide an informal forum for young researchers working
in visual computing, in particular video and compression related topics to exchange ideas,
establish personal contacts and to identify common research interests. The summer school is
open for PhD- and advanced master students, for post docs, and academic
advisors working in the research areas listed. The
working language will be English.
invited speaker will be
Christopher Schoers from
Disney Research in Zürich, and he will speak on
Neural Video Processing in Post Production.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Compression algorithms for 2D, 3D, 360-degree and multi-view video and images
- Machine learning for image, video and data processing and compression
- Deep learning for video compression
- Image and video signal analysis
- Quality assessment / Quality of experience
- Virtual, mixed and augmented reality
- Data compression, transmission and processing
- Coding and processing of multispectral data
The joint accommodation for all participants will be at the
ibis Hotel Konstanz.
Please visit the
summer school website
registration and more information.
Anyone who is interested in participating in SVCP 2019 is invited to come.
The registration fee is
€ 270 including accommodation for two nights (sharing a twin room) and
€ 350 with a single room, meals, a social event with a boat ride on the lake, and
summer school participation. For participants of the University of Konstanz it is
€ 100, without a hotel room.
The deadline for submission of a title/abstract for a presentation is
18 April 2019. Registration deadline is
30 April 2019.
We look forward to seeing you in Konstanz in June 2019!